Haavind has one of the leading and largest legal teams in real estate, highly competent within the entire range of property and transaction law. Our skilled cross-functional team regularly give advice and assist major players on extensive and complex property development and transactions.
In addition to our comprehensive experience with property transactions and rental and development, our team of specialists include specialists on tax law and corporate matters, all working to find solutions for our real estate customers.
What our customers say
- “The team has good response times, deep industry and legal knowledge and is very experienced.”
- “Strong in negotiations but without making it a time-consuming process. The lawyers are commercial, strong and up-to-date on the subject.”
- “The lawyers have first-hand knowledge of contractors’ standards because they have been heavily involved in writing books about those standards.”
"The lawyers are commercial, strong and up-to-date on the subject."
Chambers & Partners, European Guide (2016) - Band 1
Our lawyers have experience with complex property-development projects, including the entire process from purchase of the property, through the development phase to rental and potential sale.
Giving advice on property development
- Structuring of ownership – risk management
- Tax and duty arrangements
- Property organisation (conversion, subdividing, etc.)
- Issues relating to regulations, planning law and construction law.
- Right of ownership and boundaries, rights of use, neighbour relations, etc.
- Expropriation and appraisal
- Transport: road and railway development
- Infrastructure (roads, water and sewage)
- Development and option agreements
- Environmental protection and pollution
- Licences and public permits
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Public–private collaboration on the purchase, development, rental and management of schools and other public institutions
Giving advice on property transactions
- Negotiations of purchase contracts
- Due diligence
- Setting up structures
- Optimisation of tax and duty-related matters
- Lease contracts