Haavind has one of Norway’s largest and most highly qualified legal teams within the construction and offshore field. The team assists employers, builders, developers, contractors, consultants and suppliers.
Our lawyers offer a combination of excellent legal knowledge and deep sector-specific insight.
The Legal 500 (2018) - Tier 1
We assist clients throughout all project phases, providing expert advice as the project proceeds forward – this ensures foreseeability and reduces the risk of disputes arising.
Clients turn to us for advice regarding e.g.:
- Drafting and quality assurance of contracts
- Contract negotiations
- Organization of collaborations/joint ventures
- Ongoing advice during the entire project execution phase
- Settlement negotiations, dispute resolution (mitigation, arbitration and litigation)
- Internal and external seminars within the construction and offshore field
Experience shows that construction and offshore projects in general are particularly exposed to conflicts, so at Haavind we emphasise dispute resolution expertise.
In our construction and offshore group, 9 out of 10 partners are admitted to appear before the Norwegian Supreme Court.
Sharing knowledge is also important to us and members of our construction and offshore team have published commentaries to several key Norwegian standard contracts e.g. NS 3430 (1994), NS 8405 (2004) and NS 8407 (2013). We are frequently asked to speak at public seminars and at clients’ internal events.