The fishery and aquaculture industry is deeply rooted in Norwegian culture and business, and has developed into a modern industry. Seafood from Norway is exported to over 150 countries, and fisheries and aquaculture is our second most important export industry after oil and gas.
The fisheries and aquaculture industry is evolving, to a large extent led by use of new technology, exploration of new markets and consolidation. The segment also include a considerable large supplier industry, also experiencing similar degrees of development and innovation.
At Haavind, we know the industry well, and have a history of advising customers in the fisheries and aquaculture industry. Our lawyers give legal advice and assistance related to e.g. regulatory matters, industry frameworks and daily operations.
We assist and give legal advice on;
- Regulatory frameworks and the processing of concessions
- Application processes and complaints
- Contract negotiations
- Transactions, including acquisition and sales, issuing of bonds and shares and listings on stock exchanges
- Restructuring and re-organisations
- Competition law and EU / EEA-related questions
- Immaterial rights
- Construction law
- Employment law
- Dispute resolution, both public and private