Kari Gimmingsrud is a partner in the Technology, Media and IPR practice and leads Haavind`s data protection team. She also has extensive experience with employment law and assists clients with employment law matters, compliance and investigations.
Kari specialises in data protection, cyber security compliance and technology law. She advises companies and public authorities within a variety of sectors, and has long experience with large projects in the intersection between data protection, commercial agreements and legislation covering national security, employment, health, finance and consumer protections. Her practice includes:
- Legal support in procurement of IT services and solutions, including the use of cloud solutions
- Support to data-driven businesses and research projects
- Drafting and negotiation of data processing agreements etc.
- Use of transfer mechanisms for personal data, including Schrems II and transfer impact assessments
- Incident management and notifications to Data Protection Authorities
- Maturity assessments and internal audits
- Audit of suppliers
- Development of policies, guidelines and internal control documentation
- Support in risk assessments and DPIA
- Data protection training; e-learning, onsite- or digital
Her practices also include assisting clients with other regulatory and ICT issues such as artificial intelligence, electronic marketing and e-privacy.
Kari also assists boards of directors, management teams and HR departments in a wide range of employment law and privacy matters, including:
- Assistance in cases for the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority and the Anti-Discrimination Tribunal
- Implementation of new technology or control measures in the workplace
- Whistleblower cases
- Outsourcing and transfer of undertakings
- Reorganization and downsizing
- Negotiations and dispute resolution
Kari has previously worked as a compliance manager and legal advisor in Telenor. She applies her experience by assisting several major Norwegian and global technology companies in Haavind’s client portfolio.
She is active in the Norwegian Bar Associations committee for ICT and privacy and is a co-author in the commentary edition of arbeidrett.no. She is both supervisor and examinator at the Faculty of Law, University of Oslo and often holds lectures for the Lawyers’ Education Center.
Kari Gimmingsrud – very knowledgeable and provides useful/practical advice to be implemented in the business…Legal 500, 2022