Banking and finance is one of Haavind’s prioritised practice areas and we have the ambition of becoming one of the best banking and finance teams in Norway.
Our highly qualified lawyers have extensive experience from various areas of banking and finance law and our team has been meticulously brought together to complement the team in terms of skills and experience.
Haavind’s banking and finance team assists lenders, borrowers, issuers, insurance providers, managers and other parties with the legal framework of all types of financial transactions including syndicated financing of real estate, ships, rigs and airplanes, comprehensive and tailor-made acquisition and project financing, bond loans, corporate financing, leasing, financial restructuring, derivatives and long term power purchase agreements.
Cross-functional expertise with good co-ordination across borders with firms in other countries.
Chambers & Partners (2018)
We assist our clients on a wide range of financial matters, including:
- Review of funding needs and preparation/negotiation of term sheets
- Preparation of various finance – and security documents
- Establishing and enforcement of security
- Refinancing and financial restructuring
- Regulatory matters, including license applications, legal framework and communication with supervisory bodies for banks, securities trading, insurance and investment funds
Our banking and finance lawyers work closely with our other teams e.g. Real estate, Offshore, Energy, M&A and Insolvency and restructuring, in order to tailor our approach to our clients’ needs. As a result of our extensive experience with international transactions we have a broad network of international law firms with whom we regularly cooperate.