Banking and finance are one of Haavind’s prioritised practice areas and we have the ambition of becoming one of the best banking and finance teams in Norway. Our highly qualified lawyers have extensive experience from various areas of banking and finance law and our team has been meticulously brought together to complement the team in terms of skills and experience.
Our banking and finance lawyers work closely with our other teams e.g., Real estate, Offshore, Energy, M&A and Insolvency and restructuring, in order to tailor our approach to our clients’ needs. As a result of our extensive experience with international assignments we have a broad network of international law firms with whom we regularly cooperate.
Haavind’s banking and finance lawyers assists lenders, borrowers, issuers, and other parties with the legal framework of all types of financial transactions including syndicated financing of real estate, ships, rigs and airplanes, comprehensive and tailor-made acquisition and project financing, bond loans, corporate financing, leasing, financial restructuring, derivatives, and long-term power purchase agreements.
We assist our clients on a wide range of financial matters, including:
- Review of funding needs and preparation/negotiation of term sheets
- Preparation of various finance – and security documents
- Establishing and enforcement of security
- Refinancing and financial restructuring
Haavind’s experienced lawyers act for and advise a wide range of Norwegian and foreign financial market participants, including banks, credit institutions, insurance undertakings, investment firms, payment service providers, management companies, market infrastructure players, pension funds, fintech firms, virtual currency services providers, as well as agents and intermediaries, and other entities that operate in the financial market.
Financial services and the regulations that govern them continually evolve, and we strive to be at the forefront of new legislative and regulatory frameworks, working closely with and advising our clients.
We resolve complex problems while delivering clear, practical advice, and clients come to us for bespoke advice on the full range of regulatory issues, including:
- Establishment, structuring and authorisation
- Operating conditions
- Operational policies, including AML/CTF
- Compliance and risk management
- Regulatory change projects
- Securities trading and brokerage
- Market conduct issues
- New payment products and services
- Financial markets infrastructure
- Clearance and settlement matters
- Cross-border operations out of and into Norway
- Investigations and enforcement actions by regulatory bodies
Our financial regulatory team also assist on the sustainable finance regulation frequently, advising financial market participants on interpretation and implementation of the regulations on its business.
Haavind’s asset management team advises Norwegian and foreign asset managers, and is experienced across a wide range of fund asset classes, including:
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Energy and natural resources
- Fund of funds
- Emerging markets
We help clients facing demands for superior performance from their investors to implement the optimal economic, regulatory, and commercial strategies.
We have the industry knowledge to address our clients’ needs, and advise on all asset management issues, including:
- Establishing new asset management businesses, hereunder advising on the constitutional and governance documentation for the business (such as shareholders’ agreements and incentive programs), as well as assistance with applications for authorisation
- Structuring and establishing investment fund vehicles, hereunder drafting necessary documentation (such as term sheets, application forms, shareholders’ agreements, and management agreements)
- Marketing and distribution to retail and professional investors, both domestic and cross-border out of and into Norway, hereunder assistance with applications for marketing authorisations
- Domestic and EU regulatory and compliance issues
- ESG (environmental, social and governance) related issues applicable to funds, their managers, and their investors
- Custody services
...impressed by their practical approach, speed and efficiency.
Chambers and Partners (2021)