Our lawyers have in-debth sector knowledge and long experience – among other things as legal counsel with leading technology companies such as Telenor, Tieto, Aspiro (Wimp) and HP. From us you will get assistance from experts with a practical and operational approach to technology issues.
A preferred advisor when large businesses implement complicated outsourcing projects and technology companies buy, sell or implement other company transactions – our skilled and experienced lawyers know the challenges facing you.
We have comprehensive experience within all areas of law relevant for technology, ensuring that you are given advice by a strategic team experienced in all areas of the law.
‘The clear leader in the Nordics for TMT work’.
The Legal 500 (2018) - Tier 1
We work closely on commercial and operational decision-making processes, have in-depth knowledge of the industry and understand customer requirements. Haavind has been a major player in the IT market since the 1980s, working as a trusted advisor on Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and M&A in the IT sector.
A large proportion of the projects take place across national borders and we work seamlessly with our network of international cooperative partners.
We offer a unique understanding of the industry that is actively used in the advice we provide. Several of our lawyers have comprehensive industrial expertise from leading players in the industry on both the customer and supplier sides.
We use our experience to combine legal advice with commercial understanding and technical expertise.
Our lawyers actively participate in national and international trade and industry forums. We are always up-to-date about national and international trends in the industry.
We assist purchasers of IT products and services with
- Strategic advice, preparations, negotiations and implementation of complex contracts for outsourcing of IT and other business processes (BPO)
- Cloud services agreements
- Regulatory matters (including within protection of privacy and data security)
- System procurement
- Development projects
- Programme licensing
- Re-negotiation of contracts
We also assist providers of IT products and services with
- Strategic advice and implementation of acquisition, merger, joint venture and sales processes.
- Optimisation on the revenue side through strategic advice, preparation and adaptation of service and licence agreements, and distribution and partnership agreements
- Protecting intangible assets