Our team of legal and industry experts is one of the strongest in Norway, giving legal and strategic advice to all areas of the energy sector. The lawyers have experience from the industry, as lawyers and from working at the Ministry of Oil and Energy.
In addition we are considered among the most experienced law firms within dispute resolution, counselling for three out of four of the most important energy cases in the Supreme Court since 2010.
"The lawyers are very good at handling problems in complicated areas."
Chambers & Partners, European Guide (2016) - Band 2
Our lawyers have published the commentary edition to the Water Resources Act and the Energy Act and were co-authors of Vassdrags- og Energirett (Watercourse and Energy Law) and have written the comments to the Energy Act in Norsk Lovkommentar (online legal bulletin and reference work).
Long-term customer relationships with several major energy market players – energy producers, grid owners, energy vendors, remote heating companies and government authorities.
We assist our customers with
- Legal framework conditions for the industry
- Regulatory issues relating to the production, sale and transmission of energy, including licences
- Development and upgrading of power plants, regulation systems and grid installations
- Acquisition of rights, appraisals and dispute resolution
- Physical and financial energy trades
- Regulatory issues and contracts relating to district heating generation
- Organisation of power plants, ownership structures and cooperative agreements
- Transactions, restructuring and start-ups
- Power plant taxation and tax issues relating to energy consumption