Being a leading legal environment in the energy sector, our cross-functional team of experienced lawyers give regular advice and assistance to the largest energy companies in the marketplace. We cooperate with, and find solutions for, producers, grid owners, suppliers and public authorities.
‘Without doubt among the top firms in Norway’ across all elements of the field.
The Legal 500 (2018) - Tier 1
Our team of lawyers has extensive experience advising both the private and public sector and has established client relations with several major players in the energy market, including producers, grid owners, suppliers and public authorities.
We are also among the more experienced law firms within litigation and dispute resolution and have handled some of the most high-profile and important energy cases heard by the Supreme Court since 2010.
Our dispute resolution services are sought by a wide range of domestic and foreign clients every year.
Our lawyers have also published the legal commentary to the Water Resources Act and the Energy Act, co-written a book on Vassdrags- og energirett (Watercourse and Energy Law) and provided the legal commentary to the Energy Act on Norsk Lovkommentar (electronic database for legal and public-records related information).
We assist clients with
- Standard framework terms & conditions
- Regulatory issues
- Nord Pool
- Development and renovation of power plants, regulation systems and grid installations
- Acquisition of rights, appraisals and dispute resolution
- Physical and financial energy trade
- District heating
- Organisation of power plants, ownership structures and cooperation agreements
- Transactions, restructures and start-ups
- Power plant taxation and tax-related issues of energy consumption