Revision May 9th 2016
Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS («Haavind») is the sole owner of the domain haavind.no. To us it is important that you as a visitor feel secure when visiting our web pages and this policy covers how Haavind collects and processes personal information from the web pages. Haavind is subject to Norwegian law. The policy contains information you are entitled to according to the Personal Data Act §§ 18 and 19.
Haavind.no may hyperlink to sites owned and managed by other organisations. We do not have access to, nor do we process personal data collected at these sites, unless otherwise is stated in this policy. Haavind takes no responsibility for content or processing of personal data on third party web sites.
For questions or comments to this policy, or on how we process personal data, please contact us by email email@example.com or send a letter addressed to Advokatfirmaet Haavind AS, Pb. 359 Sentrum, N-0101, Oslo, Norway.
1. RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITY FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Haavind, in care of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for the processing of personal data.
- Use of email address and/or postal address for delivery of newsletters, information about our services and other physical material via our web pages and other channels
- Use of email for downloading of media and documentation from our web pages
- Forward information and offers on courses, seminars and other events
- For statistics, aggregation and administration of web pages and services. The data processed is used to administer and improve our web services, see section four on web analyses and cookies
3. WHAT DATA IS PROCESSED?
We process both your personal and identifiable, and non-personal and identifiable, data. Personal identifiable data is information that identifies you as an individual, while non-personal identifiable data does not disclose your identity.
Personal identifiable information
We can collect and process the following data from our web pages:
- You can subscribe to newsletters in order to receive emails from haavind.no with news, offers, courses and more. For us to send these emails to the correct recipient, you must register first name, family name and email address.
- If you submit a query to Haavind via our web pages, relevant information will be stored, e.g. name and email address
- You may also register for courses and seminars via our web pages by stating your name, company, email and postal address. The personal data is not used for any other purpose than to execute the order, unless you opt to receive newsletters or other information from us.
- no may use Qualaroo, Questback or other tools for user surveys. Participation in these surveys is voluntary. By participating you may choose whether or not to submit anonymously
- When visiting haavind.no, your IP-address is registered. We will not link this data directly to you as user, but use the data to administer and maintain our web pages. This enables us to continuously improve our services and provide more user-friendly offers. See below for more information on web analyses and cookies.
The foundation for processing data is consent by you, unless other is specified.
Haavind implements standard Internet-applications, such as Google Analytics, to collect anonymous data on web site users, so we at all times are able to adjust our pages for improved functionality and enhance our information offerings. Examples of what these statistics disclose are: the number of visitors, duration of each session, search terms and the source of visitors, etc. The data is collected from the computer’s browser and may include IP-address, operative system, browser software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer), resolution and source of the visit. Haavind will not link the data on IP-address to you as user. The data is anonymised and solely used for analytical purposes.
Haavind.no also implements cookies. Cookies is a small piece of data sent from our website and stored in your computer’s or mobile device’s browser while you are browsing our website. This enables the web page to, amongst others, remember your actions and/or preferences over time. Haavind.no employs the following cookies:
- Google Analytics
- Cookies for advertising systems with, and without, remarketing
(Adform, Tradedoubler, Delta projects or similar)
The applications use first-party information packages only for the collection of data. These cookies and the data collected are anonymised and cannot be used for identification of users.
5. PERSONAL DATA ON MINORS
Haavind does not collect data on age, and will not, deliberately, treat data on children aged 15 years and lower.
6. LEGAL JUSTIFICATION FOR DATA PROCESSING
We are allowed to process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Act, April 14th 2000, no. 31 § 8. Visitors to our web pages submit personal data voluntarily by signing up for newsletters and seminars and ordering information material and brochures. The grounds for processing data in these instances is consent by, or agreement with, you, unless otherwise is specified.
Subscription to newsletters from Haavind is voluntary. The newsletters contain relevant information on changes to laws and regulations, law in practice and courses and seminars etc., but may also contain commercial information on products and services from us and/or our collaborators. The newsletters are issued on a regular basis, and you may at any time cancel your subscription by using the link provided in the newsletter.
We will not allow for any third-party usage of your personal data for marketing and/or communication purposes.
Haavind is cooperating with the following third parties for data processing:
- Itera Norge AS (provider of ICT services and web host)
- Dekode (dekode.no). Dekode is the operational partner for the domain haavind.no, and our service provider for development, management and maintenance of the web pages.
- Red Media Consulting AS (processes cookies and performs retargeting)
The Haavind web page is hosted from English servers, but our data processing partners are entitled to transfer data to servers or sub-providers abroad, subject to being in accordance with the governing data processing agreement.
We have established rules and routines for protection of information and privacy in accordance with the rules in the Personal Data Act. We will take any precaution to ensure that our employees, data processing parties and third parties accessing data are adequately informed to protect personal data in accordance with this policy and our obligations set forth by the Personal Data Act.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, license, share or forward any data or personal information to any other third party other than with those who we have a signed agreement with and who provide services to us, unless we have explicit consent from you to act otherwise.
Anyone asking for information on the processing of personal data in an organisation is entitled to this, according to the Personal Data Act § 18 section one. Haavind has, in this policy, provided such information.
Should Haavind process data on you, you are entitled to viewing this. Should the personal data be incorrect, incomplete or access to process them is restricted, you may request Haavind to correct the data. Contact information is located in the first section of this policy.
We do not process or store personal data longer than deemed necessary for intended purpose or required according to agreements made, and never beyond limits imposed by law. Should you no longer wish to make use of our services, we will delete all your personal data immediately. If you e.g. no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, your email will be deleted when un-subscription is confirmed or if we receive reports of an inactive address.
11. ENFORCEMENT OF THE POLICY
Haavind may use the data collected from haavind.no when we find it necessary to identify, contact or take legal measures towards persons or companies that may inflict damage to you, us or others. We are also entitled to disclose information when we consider it legally required.
12. CONSENT, JURISDICTION AND VENUE
This policy applies to all visitors to our web pages. By using our web pages you accept that personal data may be processed in accordance to this policy. Haavind is subject to Norwegian law. You hereby consent that any disputes are resolved in an Oslo court, in accordance with Norwegian law, unless subjected to mandatory local laws.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Haavind claims the right to, at any time and without notification, change or update the policy. All changes are effective from the time published and will include any data collected from that date as well as existing information. Date of revision is located at the top of this policy.